Activities Co-Ordinator - St Columbas Care Home
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom • Activities • 24112020
Priority Care Group are passionate about ensuring the standards in our homes are of the highest level at all times. We constantly strive to develop and improve our service, always looking for more ways to make the time you and your family spend with us an enjoyable, fulfilling and enabling experience.
Three generations of our own family work in our homes and it is easy to see that caring is in our nature. As a family we pride ourselves on the quality of care our clients receive every single day.
About St Columbas Care Home
St Columba's Care Home is a newly refurbished home set in attractive gardens within close walking distance to the town centre of Dundee. St Columba's has spacious single ensuite bedrooms and pleasant communal areas to enjoy. We are registered for care of the elderly, offering both residential and nursing care to those with dementia. We can also provide palliative care.
- Delivering and arranging activities for residents to provide a stimulating environment to meet their emotional, social,physical,intellectual and spiritual needs.
- Ensuring activities are person centred
- Build and maintain good relationships with residents and their relatives, displaying good communication and listening skills by:
- Talking and listening
- Assisting with contact with relatives and friends
- Be aware of their likes, dislikes and cultural needs
- Assist with shopping and recreational needs
- Be able to take the lead in organising fundraising events
- To observe and promote independence, dignity,privacy,fulfilment and other rights
- Work well as part of a team and be self-motivated to work on own without direct supervision at times
- Be able to work under pressure
- To participate in all training and be committed to ongoing professional development
- Maintain accurate documentation and be able to update records effectively
- 16 Hours per week (2 Days) 9am to 5.30pm
- Flexible to work over 7 days including weekends at times
- Priority rewards scheme for all staff members
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Enhanced rate of pay for additional shifts (over full time equivalent hours)
- Additional annual leave incentive for length of service
- Loyalty bonus payment for length of service
- Highly competitive rates of pay
- Strong support network.
- Established, reputable, forward thinking employer.
- Free uniform & training provided / career development